The Arkansas Forestry Commission has an opening for Urban Forestry Partnership Coordinator. The successful application will deliver technical assistance to local governments, communities, and volunteer based organizations and extend external partnerships, leverage program support and citizen engagement in State UCF Programs.
- The equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in forestry or a related field.
- Three years of experience in urban forestry with demonstrated leadership in urban forestry.
- Must have or attain ISA Arborist certification within six months.
- Detailed knowledge & direct experience in tree physiology, arboriculture, & urban forest management strategies & procedures.
- Economic, Ecological & Social values of urban forests & their measurement.
- Local government structure, operations, processes & issues.
- Financial assistance program administration.
- Training techniques & information transfer to professionals, community officials, business leaders, volunteers, & the public.
- Computer based-systems for information management & exchange including database, spreadsheet, & word processing.
- Latest technology related to canopy assessments and their benefits.
- Communicate effectively to liaison with communities, organizations, committees, individuals & media.
- Organize volunteers and assist with tree board development.
- Conduct tree inventories and develop tree management plans.
- Write articles and give interviews to various media.
- Give presentations and conduct workshops.
Closing Date: November 11, 2017