ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIALIST III – SES FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND CONSUMER SERVICES FLORIDA FOREST SERVICE
The Florida Forest Service with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is seeking an applicant to coordinate the Florida Forest Service (FFS) statewide Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Program. Major duties include: Plans, directs, and coordinates the statewide FIA Program for the FFS. Supervises field positions and trains personnel that conduct field data collection for the FIA Program. Oversees and monitors application of inventory practices at permanent plot and logging utilization study site locations. Manages budget, and resources (staff, vehicles, computers, data loggers, cell phones, etc.) of any assigned programs in an efficient and accountable manner. Ensures that assigned program areas have operational procedures and processes with result in accountability and compliance with FFS and department policies and procedures. Assists with the coordination and collection of field data and other information for periodic documents to be published by the USDA Forest Service (USFS), Southern Research Station FIA Program. Provides assistance in maintenance of the FFS methods including aerial photographic and satellite image interpretation, and standard inventory hand and electronic tools. Incumbent will be familiar with the USFS FIA data processing and reporting tools, and prepare reports as requested. Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Forestry, and three (3) years of professional experience in forestry; or
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Forestry, and two (2) years of professional experience in forestry; or
- An associate’s degree in Forestry and five (5) years of professional experience in forestry.
- Professional experience in forestry can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education for a total of seven (7) years of professional experience.
- Requires possession of a valid Class E driver license.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER To apply for this position, an application must be submitted through the People First system at: https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com/ by 11:59 p.m. EST, September 27, 2017.